Designed for the mid-high level goal tender, the Vaughn 7490 Velocity Blocker starts with the proven Velocity design and improves key features to provide more comfort, more control, and more performance.
New for 2012, the Vaughn 7490 is styled directly from the 7990 series blocker and it is an extremely high quality imported glove. Like the 7990, the blocker palm is positioned 1" higher up the blocker board to put more blocking surface below the fingertips for additional net coverage. A bindingless board has been added for 2012 to increase the blocking board surface and give the board a cleaner look.
- Palm position is moved 1" higher up the board to put more blocking surface below the fingertips for additional net coverage.
- Gradual top flared board with beveled perimeter edges on the back side of the board reduce weight and provide excellent balance
- Forward tilted board provides enhanced placement in relation to the hand for improved net coverage
- Bottom board bevel allows the board to be placed tightly against the surface during paddle down moves
- Large side shield with high density foam padding for solid protection and wide blocking surface
- Pro style finger protection provides multi-layered protection of the index finger, sides of the of the fingers, and finger tips
- Articulating cuff design provides for increased wrist movement and flexibility
- Dual layered palm with side mesh vent gussets allows for excellent stick control and improved ventilation to reduce heat buildup
- New V5 graphics
Measure your hand from the heel of the palm to the tip of the middle finger, then consult the chart below to find the size that will work for you.
|Blocker Sizing Chart
|4 3/4 - 5 5/8 in.
||5 5/8 - 6 1/4 in.
||6 1/4 - 7 in.
||7 - 8 3/8 in.
|119 - 143 cm
||144 - 160 cm
||161 - 178 cm
||179 - 213 cm
Key to a Proper Fit:
The blocker should be fitted based on hand size. The goalie's fingers should be no more than 1/4" from the end of the fingers in the palm. If the fingers are too long, chances are the hand tabs that tie down the palm to the blocker are too large. This will cause the blocker to wobble, tilt or rotate on the goaltender's hand, seriously affecting control while limiting coverage (blocking surface).