The new 7990 blocker for 2012 is designed to provide superior protection and net coverage with its unique pro spec construction, blocking and bottom boards, and side wrist area. The ergonomically designed palm is designed with each finger having its own unique curve for superior stick grip and control.
New for 2012, the B7990 has enhanced wrap around finger protection around the forefinger that protects both sides (and the tip) of the finger.
- Pro design finger protection provides multi layered padding over the side index finger for superior impact resistance
- Pro spec construction gives enhanced protection and adds durability
- Tilt forward board design provides an enhanced angle that allows for more net coverage
- Palm position is 1" higher than the center of the board to put more blocking surface below the hand, increasing net coverage
- Large side hand shield has high density foam and plastic reinforcement for a solid protection and blocking surface
- Tapered bottom board allows for a quick paddle down movement to the ice and creates a tight seal allowing no gaps for complete protection
- No binding construction front blocking board enhances the blocking area with a firmer outer edge perimeter
- Articulating cuff for enhanced wrist movement
- Cushioned padded back hand and side wrist air cushion pad
- Three-piece heavy duty finger protectors
- Adjustable wrist strap
- Limited edition graphics
- CLICK HERE FOR A CUSTOMIZER
Measure your hand from the heel of the palm to the tip of the middle finger, then consult the chart below to find the size that will work for you.
|Blocker Sizing Chart
|4 3/4 - 5 5/8 in.
||5 5/8 - 6 1/4 in.
||6 1/4 - 7 in.
||7 - 8 3/8 in.
|119 - 143 cm
||144 - 160 cm
||161 - 178 cm
||179 - 213 cm
Key to a Proper Fit:
The blocker should be fitted based on hand size. The goalie's fingers should be no more than 1/4" from the end of the fingers in the palm. If the fingers are too long, chances are the hand tabs that tie down the palm to the blocker are too large. This will cause the blocker to wobble, tilt or rotate on the goaltender's hand, seriously affecting control while limiting coverage (blocking surface).