The Vaughn 1000i Velocity 6 catch glove is completely new for 2014. It features all of the same protection and performance characteristics of the 1000 SR model catch glove - the size of the glove has just been scaled down to fit an intermediate sized hand.
The entire palm of the glove has been designed to funnel pucks directly into the wide, deep, double t-web pocket. For example, the thumb angle has been made higher to make it easier to catch rising shots, and the palm itself features pre-curved molded components that are angled to allow for easy deflection into the pocket. The top of the T-web itself has a wider top spread that allows the glove to remain more open for greater net coverage. Finally, to help present the entire glove to the shooter, the glove features a detached cuff that allows for unmatched wrist flexibility.
The backhand is made of four segmented HD foam pieces, and a thicker HD foam fingertip deflecting rail to protect against slashes when covering the puck. The cuff opening is wide, and it features a flared piece to provide for better wrist mobility.
The internal palm features both a textured grip material and a finger rail to help the goalie gain greater leverage and control of the glove - even as it gets wet. Spring mesh finger stalls provide for excellent comfort and ventilation. The 1000i has three backhand adjustment straps - one over the fingers, one over the backhand, and one traditional wrist strap - to help customize the fit. Finally, the thumb tunnel has a wider thumb loop with extra padding for greater thumb support and protection.
- Heat moldable for custom fit and break in
- Four piece full flex backhand protection
- Inner finger grip rail for closing leverage
- Reinforeced perimeter edge to keep fingers from "curling in"
- Defined flex seam for precision closing
- Deep T-web design
- No binding cuff adds blocking surface
- Light weight and balanced for feel and performance
Measure your hand from the heel of the palm to the tip of the middle finger, then consult the chart below to find the size that will work for you.
|Catch Glove Sizing Chart
|4 3/4 - 5 5/8 in.
||5 5/8 - 6 1/4 in.
||6 1/4 - 7 in.
||7 - 8 3/8 in.
|119 - 143 cm
||144 - 160 cm
||161 - 178 cm
||179 - 213 cm
Keys to a Proper Fit:
- The goalie's fingers should extend out to the end of the finger stalls of the inside palm to ensure a proper fit. However, any more than 1/2" from the tip of the goaltender's finger to the end of the finger stall and the goaltender will not have the leverage needed to properly close and control the glove.
- The heel of your hand should line up with the heel and cuff of the catcher. If not, the proper balance between the cuff and catching portion of the glove may be disturbed, making the glove too cumbersome while sacrificing protection.