The XR Pro Custom 7 Series line is unique in that it offers a limited number of Vaughn's most popular custom colors and construction options to the 1100 line of gear at a significantly reduced price. Though this line is made overseas, it uses high quality, domestically made materials - most of which are found in Vaughn's pro level, domestically constructed products. Finally, customers can now get a custom-made, high quality pad at an overseas pad price!
The XR Pro Velocity 7 catch glove is brand new for 2016, though it borrows a design platform from two of Vaughn's most popular gloves, the T5500. and the LT90 Ventus. Fans of both will appreciate the familiar feel and closure, though it does have some newer enhancements to differentiate it from those designs.
For starters, the stock version of theXR Pro features a one piece cuff and thumb (two-piece cuff is optional), and the thumb plastic has been both shortened and made more steep to create a larger, wider pocket. The pocket itself has a wider top profile to help open up the pocket a bit more, and it includes the option for either a single or double t-web. The precision molded palm reduces weight, adds protection and adds reinforcement to the glove perimeter to keep the fingers from "curling in".
The backhand is made of four segmented pieces and has a HD foam horizontal fingertip deflecting ramp covering the finger ends. The wide, flared cuff back allows for greater wrist mobility and gives room for the chest/arm pads to fit nicely inside.
The internals of the glove feature spring mesh finger gussets, a gray grip material palm, and a horizontal finger rail to help give the hand more leverage when closing the glove. A large wrist pad incorporates a leather strap, and it is strategically placed to be located slightly above the flex area for improved hand retention and superior glove feel. A soft foam pad lined with spring mesh covers the backhand, and a traditional velcro strap helps customize the fit of this pad to the goalie's hand.
- Precision molded palm increases hand protection and strengthens glove edges
- Internal hand design provides precision hand placemen and glove control
- Single or Double T-Web available
- Light weight and well balanced feel
- Heat moldable to speed break-in
- Wider catch surface area with wider T-web top
- Curved cuff for puck deflection
- One- or Two-Piece cuff available
- Internal palm and grip surface
- Fingertip inner grip rail
Measure your hand from the heel of the palm to the tip of the middle finger, then consult the chart below to find the size that will work for you.
|Catch Glove Sizing Chart
|4 3/4 - 5 5/8 in.
||5 5/8 - 6 1/4 in.
||6 1/4 - 7 in.
||7 - 8 3/8 in.
|119 - 143 cm
||144 - 160 cm
||161 - 178 cm
||179 - 213 cm
Keys to a Proper Fit:
- The goalie's fingers should extend out to the end of the finger stalls of the inside palm to ensure a proper fit. However, any more than 1/2" from the tip of the goaltender's finger to the end of the finger stall and the goaltender will not have the leverage needed to properly close and control the glove.
- The heel of your hand should line up with the heel and cuff of the catcher. If not, the proper balance between the cuff and catching portion of the glove may be disturbed, making the glove too cumbersome while sacrificing protection.