*The 1/2" Blade Barber is meant for use on skates that have a 1/2" hollow on them from previous sharpening*
The Blade Barber is your new steel stylist. It fits in your pocket and will turn any parent, coach, trainer into a super hero. Enabling you to repair skates on the fly, or give quality sharpens at home prolonging, or avoiding, visits to the pro shop — saving you time.
Unlike any other hand sharpener on the market, it will actually sharpen your skates.
Made in Canada with the finest materials, the Blade Barber will ensure you never miss a shift, well because of your skates at least.
How it works
- It’s as simple as stabilize, swipe and repeat. Of course it takes a little practice being a hand held tool, but with those soft hands of yours, you’ll get the hang of it in no time.
- Place skate on its side with two pucks under the heal portion of the skate-blade-holder.
- Hold the Blade Barber as shown with fingers on the logo.
- Keep the Blade Barber flat on the skate blade.
- Slide the Blade Barber along the entire length of the skate blade and apply light pressure with your fingers. Take 4 passes.
- Flip the skate over & take 4 passes to sharpen the other edge.
- Tap the Blade Barber to remove shavings after each stroke.
- Repeat steps 4–6 until the skate is sharp.
- Color the hollow with a marker to see the sharpening process.
- Always push harder with your thumb, than your fingers, or you risk misaligning the cutter blade to the skate blade.
- There is a 5 minute learning curve. Don’t rush the first sharpening.
Make the Blade Barber last:
- Use light pressure.
- Don’t use the Blade Barber on heavily damaged skate blades.
- Use the Blade Barber when a good sharpen dulls, not to fix a bad sharpen.